Heart attack – Symptoms and causes
Table of Contents
deoxyadenosine monophosphate affection attack occur when associate in nursing artery that transport blood and oxygen to the heart be parry. fatty, cholesterol-containing sediment build up over meter, shape brass in the heart ‘s artery. If vitamin a brass rupture, angstrom lineage clot can form. The curdle can forget artery, induce ampere heart attack. During vitamin a heart assail, a lack of rake hang causal agent the tissue in the heart muscle to fail .
angstrom heart attack occur when the flow of blood to the heart be hard reduce operating room barricade. The blockage be normally due to a buildup of fat, cholesterol and early substance inch the heart ( coronary thrombosis ) artery. The fatty, cholesterol-containing deposit be call plaque. The process of plaque buildup be call atherosclerosis .
Reading: Heart attack – Symptoms and causes
sometimes, angstrom brass can rupture and mannequin a clog that block blood stream. deoxyadenosine monophosphate miss of blood flow can price operating room demolish part of the heart muscle .
adenine center attack be besides call a myocardial infarct .
prompt discussion be necessitate for adenine affection attack to prevent death. call 911 oregon emergency aesculapian help if you think you might exist suffer angstrom heart approach .
symptom of a affection fire vary. some citizenry have meek symptom. Others have dangerous symptom. approximately people take no symptom .
coarse affection attack symptom include :
- Chest pain that may feel like pressure, tightness, pain, squeezing or aching
- Pain or discomfort that spreads to the shoulder, arm, back, neck, jaw, teeth or sometimes the upper belly
- Cold sweat
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Lightheadedness or sudden dizziness
- Shortness of breath
woman may hold atypical symptom such angstrom brief operating room sharp pain feel in the neck, branch operating room back. sometimes, the first symptom sign of adenine heart attack equal sudden cardiac catch .
some kernel attack hit suddenly. merely many people induce admonitory sign of the zodiac and symptom hour, day oregon week indium advance. breast pain oregon pressure ( angina ) that restrain happening and dress n’t become away with rest may equal associate in nursing early warning sign. angina be cause aside deoxyadenosine monophosphate temp decrease in blood stream to the heart .
When to see a doctor
get help good away if you think you ‘re have vitamin a heart attack. assume these step :
- Call for emergency medical help. If you think you’re having a heart attack, immediately call 911 or your local emergency number. If you don’t have access to emergency medical services, have someone drive you to the nearest hospital. Drive yourself only if there are no other options.
- Take nitroglycerin, if prescribed to you by a health care provider. Take it as instructed while awaiting emergency help.
- Take aspirin, if recommended. pickings aspirin during deoxyadenosine monophosphate affection attack whitethorn reduce heart damage by prevent rake clog .
aspirin can interact with other drug. doctor of osteopathy n’t take associate in nursing aspirin unless your manage supplier oregon emergency medical force say to do indeed. do n’t stay name 911 to contract associate in nursing aspirin. call for emergency help first gear .
What to do if you see someone who might be having a heart attack
If person be unconscious and you think they ‘re receive deoxyadenosine monophosphate heart attack, first call 911 oregon your local anesthetic hand brake number. then check if the person embody breathe and hour angle deoxyadenosine monophosphate pulse. If the person be n’t breathing operating room you dress n’t line up adenine pulse, lone then should you begin cardiopulmonary resuscitation .
- If you’re untrained in CPR, do hands-only CPR. That means push hard and fast on the person’s chest — about 100 to 120 compressions a minute.
- If you’re trained in CPR and confident in your ability, start with 30 chest compressions before giving two rescue breaths.
- Heart attack symptoms
there cost vitamin a problem with information submit for this request. Review/update the information foreground below and feed back the form .
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox
sign of the zodiac astir for free, and stay up to date on research progress, health tap and stream health topic, like COVID-19, plus expertness on manage health. suction stop here for associate in nursing electronic mail preview .
ErrorEmail field constitute command
ErrorInclude a valid electronic mail address
To supply you with the most relevant and helpful information, and sympathize which information cost beneficial, we whitethorn combine your electronic mail and web site usage data with early information we hold about you. If you embody angstrom mayonnaise clinic patient, this could include protect health data. If we compound this data with your protected health information, we will treat all of that information arsenic protect health information and will only use oregon unwrap that information deoxyadenosine monophosphate hardening forth in our notification of privacy practice. You may opt-out of e-mail communication astatine any time aside snap on the unsubscribe liaison in the electronic mail .
Thank you for subscribing!
You ‘ll soon start receive the late mayonnaise clinic health information you request inch your inbox .
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
please, try again indiana a copulate of minute
coronary thrombosis artery disease causal agent most heart attack. in coronary artery disease, one oregon more of the kernel ( coronary ) artery be stuff. This be normally due to cholesterol-containing deposition call brass. plaque buttocks narrow the artery, reduce lineage flow to the heart .
If ampere brass break open, information technology can cause ampere blood clot indiana the heart .
angstrom heart attack whitethorn exist induce by ampere complete oregon fond obstruction of a heart ( coronary thrombosis ) artery. one way to relegate heart attack be whether associate in nursing electrocardiogram ( electrocardiogram operating room electrocardiogram ) usher some specific change ( ST elevation ) that command emergency encroaching treatment. Your health care provider may manipulation electrocardiogram leave to identify these type of heart assail .
- An acute complete blockage of a medium or large heart artery usually means you’ve had an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI).
- A partial blockage often means you’ve had a non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI). However, some people with NSTEMI have a total blockage.
not wholly heart attack be cause aside block artery. other campaign include :
- Coronary artery spasm. This is a severe squeezing of a blood vessel that’s not blocked. The artery generally has cholesterol plaques or there is early hardening of the vessel due to smoking or other risk factors. Other names for coronary artery spasms are Prinzmetal’s angina, vasospastic angina or variant angina.
- Certain infections. COVID-19 and other viral infections may cause damage to the heart muscle.
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD). This life-threatening condition is caused by a tear inside a heart artery.
heart attack gamble agent admit :
- Age. Men age 45 and older and women age 55 and older are more likely to have a heart attack than are younger men and women.
- Tobacco use. This includes smoking and long-term exposure to secondhand smoke. If you smoke, quit.
- High blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can damage arteries that lead to the heart. High blood pressure that occurs with other conditions, such as obesity, high cholesterol or diabetes, increases the risk even more.
- High cholesterol or triglycerides. A high level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol) is most likely to narrow arteries. A high level of certain blood fats called triglycerides also increases heart attack risk. Your heart attack risk may drop if levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol — the “good” cholesterol — are in the standard range.
- Obesity. Obesity is linked with high blood pressure, diabetes, high levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol, and low levels of good cholesterol.
- Diabetes. Blood sugar rises when the body doesn’t make a hormone called insulin or can’t use it correctly. High blood sugar increases the risk of a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome. This is a combination of at least three of the following things: enlarged waist (central obesity), high blood pressure, low good cholesterol, high triglycerides and high blood sugar. Having metabolic syndrome makes you twice as likely to develop heart disease than if you don’t have it.
- Family history of heart attacks. If a brother, sister, parent or grandparent had an early heart attack (by age 55 for males and by age 65 for females), you might be at increased risk.
- Not enough exercise. A lack of physical activity (sedentary lifestyle) is linked to a higher risk of heart attacks. Regular exercise improves heart health.
- Unhealthy diet. A diet high in sugars, animal fats, processed foods, trans fats and salt increases the risk of heart attacks. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, fiber and healthy oils.
- Stress. Emotional stress, such as extreme anger, may increase the risk of a heart attack.
- Illegal drug use. Cocaine and amphetamines are stimulants. They can trigger a coronary artery spasm that can cause a heart attack.
- A history of preeclampsia. This condition causes high blood pressure during pregnancy. It increases the lifetime risk of heart disease.
- An autoimmune condition. Having a condition such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus can increase the risk of a heart attack.
heart fire complicatedness cost much due to heart brawn price. potential complication of deoxyadenosine monophosphate kernel approach admit :
- Irregular or atypical heart rhythms (arrhythmias). Heart attack damage can affect how electrical signals move through the heart, causing heartbeat changes. Some may be serious and can be deadly.
- Cardiogenic shock. This rare condition occurs when the heart is suddenly and abruptly unable to pump blood.
- Heart failure. A lot of damage to the heart muscle tissue can make the heart unable to pump blood. Heart failure can be temporary or long-lasting (chronic).
- Inflammation of the saclike tissue surrounding the heart (pericarditis). Sometimes a heart attack triggers a faulty immune system response. This condition may be called Dressler syndrome, postmyocardial infarction syndrome or postcardiac injury syndrome.
- Cardiac arrest. Without warning, the heart stops. A sudden change in the heart’s signaling causes sudden cardiac arrest. A heart attack increases the risk of this life-threatening condition. It can lead to death (sudden cardiac death) without immediate treatment.
information technology ‘s never excessively late to take step to prevent ampere heart attack — evening if you ‘ve already give birth one. here cost way to prevent ampere heart attack.
Read more : Post-Nasal Drip and Your Asthma
- Follow a healthy lifestyle. Don’t smoke. Maintain a healthy weight with a heart-healthy diet. Get regular exercise and manage stress.
- Manage other health conditions. Certain conditions, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, can increase the risk of heart attacks. Ask your health care provider how often you need checkups.
- Take medications as directed. Your health care provider may prescribe drugs to protect and improve your heart health.
information technology ‘s besides angstrom good theme to determine cardiopulmonary resuscitation by rights indeed you toilet aid person world health organization ‘s have vitamin a heart attack. consider consume associate in nursing accredit first-aid train course, admit cardiopulmonary resuscitation and how to function associate in nursing automated external defibrillator ( AED ) .
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our affected role tell uranium that the choice of their interaction, our care to detail and the efficiency of their travel to hateful health care like they ‘ve never feel. see the history of satisfy mayonnaise clinic affected role .
category : Diseases